Lizzy is a paralegal and licensed private investigator at C&N, where she brings her optimism, positivity, intelligence, love of science, and friendly nature to work with her every day. Clients experience firsthand her kindness and genuine care for their needs. Lizzy loves teams – the Red Wings, in particular – but especially the client-centered team at C&N.
Having specialized in criminal defense and trial litigation for almost a decade, Lizzy has served as lead paralegal on multiple cases – including some very high-profile cases. She was the lead paralegal on a case that ultimately exonerated our client after spending nine years in prison, which included locating and managing over 20 new witnesses, numerous exhibits, investigators, and expert witnesses for his re-trial. She is also experienced in investigation, courtroom technology, and discovery management. Recently, she was the lead paralegal on multiple cases with millions of pages of discovery. Her years of experience and hard work have earned her the nickname "gladiator in a suit" by our clients.
Lizzy is the founder and chair of the Ingham County Bar Association Paralegal Section and chair of the State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, where she also serves as chairperson on multiple committees. Lizzy is also a member of other sections of the State Bar of Michigan, including the Animal Law, Criminal Law, Litigation, LGBTQA Law, and Prisons/Corrections sections. She loves being involved in the paralegal community, so she is also a member of NALA, the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, NALS, and Perfectly Paralegal. She serves as a mentor through Perfectly Paralegal, where she helps guide paralegals who are just starting out in their careers.
As an expert in legal technology, she has contributed numerous articles to legal publications on technology tips and practice management. She has also presented to paralegal students on how to best serve as a litigation paralegal during trial, as well as attorneys on legal technology tips and social media investigation.
When she isn’t battling it out in the courtroom, she can often be found trying new things (like drum lessons!), volunteering for her local dog rescue, and playing kickball in her local social sport league.
Professional Activities/Community Involvement
- Chairperson, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section
- Founder and Chairperson, Ingham County Bar Association Paralegal Section
- Chairperson, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, Day of Education Committee
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations
- Former Council Member, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section
- Former Chairperson, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, LinkedIn Sub-Committee
- Former Chairperson, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, Technology and Practice Management Committee
- Former Committee Member, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section, Michigan Paralegal Committee
Publications and Media
- Adapting to Your Surroundings: Four Tips to Getting Started With Courtroom Technology, by Lizzy Sailor, Michigan Paralegal Newsletter, January 2024
- A Clean Inbox is a Happy Inbox, by Lizzy Sailor, Michigan Paralegal Newsletter, April 2019
- Credential Crimes: Are you committing password misconduct?, by Lizzy Sailor, Michigan Paralegal Newsletter, January 2019
- Lansing Community College, Lansing, Michigan
- Guest Speaker, Career Chats, Kent Intermediate School District, February 2024
- 1 Team, 5 Years, 8 Exonerations, Federal Public Defenders for Western Michigan, September 2022
- Technology to Work Smarter and Not Harder, NALA - The Paralegal Association Webinar, February 2020
- Technology to Work Smarter and Not Harder, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan Fall Conference, November 2019
- Social Media Evidence - Investigation and Admissibility, Federal Public Defender Western District of Michigan, July 2019
- The Exoneration of an Innocent Man, Keynote Speaker, State Bar of Michigan Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section Annual Day of Education, May 2019
- The Anatomy of an Exoneration, Legal Assistant Association of Macomb Community College, April 2019
Prior Professional Activities
- Great Lakes Paralegal Association
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Unsung Hero Award, 2021